“Aruba, Jamaica, oh I want to take ya”The Beach Boys
In 2019 I visited the famous “One Happy Island” with my mom for our annual girls trip and while I am definitely a mountain gal, so I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this diverse little happy island of Aruba! From a mother daughter trip, to your honeymoon, to a family vacation, this little island has activities for any group!
If you feel comfortable to fly during these times (note this blog was published in 2020 and the trip took place in 2019), Aruba is OPEN for Americans! Make sure to check their local requirements for the most up to date entry info! When you visit Aruba, here’s a list of my top recommendations along with 17 photos to inspire you to visit Aruba.
When to Visit Aruba
While you can visit this happy island all year long since the island is generally out of the hurricane path, the busier months range from April-August. September typically has the more affordable flights, making it a great month to visit! We visited in September and truly has a blast with less tourist on the island.
Best Activities to do in Aruba
- Visit the famous Flamingo Beach, on Renaissance’s Private Island – free if you stay at the hotel or about $125/person
- Snorkel to a Shipwreck with Red Sail Aruba
- UTV in Arikok National Park with ABC Tours Aruba
- Eagle Beach (top 10 in the world!)
- Red Sail Aruba Dinner Cruise
Best Restaurants at in Aruba
- Eduardo’s Beach Shack (healthy fruit bowls on the beach)
- Barefoot Restaurant (great dinner spot, walking distance from the Renaissance)
- Elements Restaurant (fancier dinner on the beach, great for your last night on the island)
I hope this post inspires you to put Aruba on your bucket list! Aruba is open to Americans during the pandemic, so if you choose to travel please be safe and follow the current guidelines! Happy and safe travels everyone!