“Every day is Earth Day”
My hippie heart loves taking care of, celebrating and exploring this insanely beautiful planet. From Pinterest to Instagram, you’ve probably seen some crazy landscapes and you can bet most of those are on my endless travel bucket list. Sadly, many of these places are being worn down by us humans… So remember to recycle, use minimal plastic products, and take care of our beautiful planet so we can hopefully see all those gorgeous landscapes before they disappear 🙂
Here are some friendly reminders about our planet, Earth:
- Over 100 million marine animals are killed each year from plastic debris
- There’s an estimated over 5 million square miles of plastic debris (this is the size of the US and India)
- An estimated 3.5 billion to 7 billion trees are cut down each year
- “Americans throw away 25 billion styrofoam coffee cups every year, and 2.5 million plastic beverage bottles every hour.” – Carry Your Cup. Remember the styrofoam cup you are using will be found in a landfill 500 years from now…
- $218 billion worth of food is wasted every year
A few of my frequently used eco-friendly products and tips include the following:
- Stasher Bags: My go-to sandwich and storage bags that are great for snacks while you travel or storing food in the fridge at home.
- Learn to compost your leftover food scraps and even give your garden a boost!
- Hydroflask / Swell Reusable Waterbottles: If you haven’t gotten on the reusable water bottle train, now is a great time to join! I carry both my Hydroflask for water and swell for hot tea on the go. I’ve used both water bottles that are spill-proof and have a wide mouth to allow for ice and easy cleaning.
- Freeze food that is close to going bad and the planet and your wallet will thank you!
- Mesh Produce Bags / Reuseable Tote Bags: Eco-friendly and affordable!
- Try to refuse extra single-use plastics where you can, avoid excess bags when you can carry the items without a bag, and begin taking small steps towards making and keeping this planet beautiful for years to come!
Remember to take action and give the Earth a little extra love today. Here are a few photos ranging from national parks to the beach to inspire you to explore and take care of our home:
I hope this post inspires you to #optoutside, give the Earth a lot of love throughout the entire year, and seek out all the beautiful planet has to offer!